Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What a month...

Wow... these past few weeks have been crazy and exciting. Here are the highlights:

1. Traveled to Franklin for Halloween.. highlights of the weekend include eating at Whiskey Kitchen (If you are ever in Nashville you MUST go here and get a fried green tomato BLT) and attending pumpkin fest!

2. Traveled to Dickson County to watch my Brother play football and my Dad coach! Go Dragons!! (Sadly they lost in the second round of the playoffs but I am very proud of both of them! They had a great season!)

3. Visited Memphis for .5 seconds. Well actually just over 24 hours but still managed to see a few of my favorites.

4. Left my second graders :(, but returned to my fourth graders :) My second graders threw me a surprise going away party.

Before I left, we also did the pumpkin math lesson plan that I mentioned. How fun!



5. Took my 2nd and 3rd Praxis tests to become a licensed teacher!! Wahoooo!!! One more in January!

6. Found a place for Bowers and I to live!! (WAHOOOO. Bowers got an amazing job at Pilot Corporation in Knoxville doing finance so we are no longer long distance :D) He has already moved in and I am so excited to be able to see him everyday. His home and my future home is a two bedroom, two story townhouse with wood floors! It was built in the 30s and I love the character that the building has. I will post pictures once I have it somewhat decorated. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that being in grad school (aka no income) allows for very little in the decor department. I am trying to talk Bowers into a decoration allowance.. we will see how that goes. Here is a preview:


I am super excited about  Christmas garland on the railing :) I'm a nerd

7.  My mentor teacher that I am student teaching under has jury duty. Positive note= I actually get paid a mere $65 a day for being at school. Negative note= I miss my partner in crime and am trying to teach LONG DIVISION to fourth graders. No... I am not smarter than a fourth grader.. although I think I do a good job at tricking them.

I am looking forward to the first weekend in forever that I have NO PLANS!! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you!!! I loved student teaching... but when you have your first job... it is a whole new world... and wayyyyy more fun!!

    ReplyDelete